Company Name– Dant kanti
Founder– Baba Ramdev and Acharya Balkrishna
Dant kanti is one of the Ayurvedic medicine formula toothpastes. It is the perfect herbal toothpaste prepared from natural ingredients for strong white teeth and healthy gums. A unique formulation of natural ingredients provides long lasting protection to the gums and teeth.
It is a key product of Patanjali Ayurved limited. The company has production capacity of 350 billion and is in the process of expanding to a capacity of 60,000 crore.
How It All Started
It is an Indian consumer goods company, which manufactures the units of mineral and herbal products. The registered office is located at Delhi. It has started in 2006 with the coordination with latest technologies.
It started to spread the benefits of natural herbs to all over the country in a low budget. It has started giving brands like Hindustan’s Unilever Pepsodent, Colgate’s active salt and Glaxo smith kline’s Sensodyne run for their money.
Baba Ramdev established the Patanjali Ayurved limited in 2006 along with Acharya Bal Krishna with the objective of establishing science of Ayurved in accordance and coordination with the latest technology and ancient wisdom.
The company manufactures mineral and herbal products. It manufactures units in Nepal and imports majority of herbs in India from Nepal. It is the fastest growing FMCG Company in India. It is widely accepted all over the world and has very good reviews. It is good for children of all ages and also available in junior pack.
Dant Kanti’s Marketing Strategy and Interesting Reason behind Its Grand Success
- It itself is an Indian FMGC company and its headquarters is in Hyderabad.
- It is served in the south Asian Countries like Nepal, India, Bangladesh and Sri Lanka, also includes Saudi Arabia.
- The reasons of growth is increasing demand in middle class, availability of oral products, rising oral care and brand awareness.
- The oral care industry in India is worth Rs. 5400 Crore with toothpaste.
- From the last five years, it is expected to double by 2021.
- The tagline of the toothpaste is “Tightens Gums Fights Germs”.
- It served healthy and stronger teeth. It fight germs, protects the teeth from cavities, gives protection from bleeding and swollen gums, prevents bad breathe and provide protection from toothache sensitivity.
- The marketing strategy of the product helps in rapid growing dynamic markets in India’s FMCG sectors.
- It has four variants- regular, advanced, medicated and junior.
- The marketing objectives includes short-term objectives to build brand awareness, increase sells, targets new customers.
- It increases in market share long term objectives. Increase export in more international markets to enhance the customer relationships.
- The exportation will increase the profit and can beat the competitors. It has become a leading brand reach in international markets.
- Dant kanti first delivered value to the customers with minimum advertising costs.
- The value proposition includes herbal products, no brand premium and product efficacy.
- It has been one of the biggest disruptors in the Indian consumer market.
- The branding strategy says that the Patanjali follows “Branded House” strategy in which the company itself is the brand and all the products are promoted under one brand.
- With a strong competition from Global existing brands, Dant kanti was positioned as “Swadeshi”. It does not have any harmful chemicals.
- The consumers prefer Dant Kanti as a quality product at best price.
- The packaging of the toothpaste is simple and white in colour, which resemble purity, cleanliness and innocence.
- The distribution of the product is doing via 4700 plus Patanjali stores with other big retail stores like big bazaar, Reliance Fresh and E-commerce websites.
- Recently Patanjali Ayurved announced that its annual turnover has crossed Rs. 10,000 crore in the fiscal year 2017 and of this 940 crore came from Dantkanti alone.
Dant Kanti Campaign
-An out of home ad agency has bagged the out of home mandate to promote “Dant Kanti”. The MD of Global advertisers said that it feels good to be associated with yoga guru- Baba Ramdev.
-The campaign has targeted at the masses through promoting “Dant Knati” by Patanjali at specific locations across small and large markets in Mumbai.
-They deployed big format hoardings located as eastern and western region, which attracts thousands of people every day for the campaign.
-Some predict revenue shows the achievement of 5,000 crore for the fiscal 2015-16 due to outdoor campaign for Patanjali Dant Kanti.
-The indoor campaign of Dant Kanti includes some unknown faces. The only motive of the campaign is to give the information of the toothpaste to the audience.
-Sometimes the Yoga Guru is himself act in the campaign.
According to reports, Dant Kanti registered 6.2 percent share in the oral care market and Patanjali toothpaste had 2.2 percent share in that segment.
-Baba Ramdev is the brand ambassador as well as he is the founder of the company.
Most of the people in India believe strongly in natural ingredients like herbs and spices. Most of the competitors are trying to replicate Dant Kanti’s success by launching Herbal toothpastes. It is widely accepted because of the image of Patanjali Ayurveda and brand equity is thus transferred from the parent brand. The product quality is different from other’s herbal toothpastes based on ingredients.
The product quality is consistent and is able to meet the expectations of its target audience. Its trailblazing entry into Indian toothpaste market has squeezed the market share of big MNC’s. Patanjali is the fastest growing fast-moving consumer company in India. Indians have given thumbs up to age old herbal dental formulas to take care of their dental hygiene.
Its popularity majorly affected the toothpaste market and so the multinational companies have been forced to launch herbal products and are now copying Patanjali’s products. The Spokeperson of Patanjali, SK Tijarawala stated that people called them orthodox and traditional and now they are copying Patanjali products for success. Ptanajali always follows the principle of Ayurveda then only proceed to prepare the products, which helps them to get the trust of people at the very starting days.