At times of critical illness to one of our loved family member, we will not search for the top 10 hospitals in India. But, it is always better to get help from one of the best hospitals. The reason is that only such a hospital will provide the best possible care and treatment. The most important thing in the case of critical illness is that we feel assured that the battle is half won in fighting against the disease when the best hospitals in India are chosen.
Factors Used in Evaluating the Best Hospitals
When it comes to evaluating the top 10 hospitals in India, it is important that different factors are to be considered. Some of the factors to consider in ranking the hospital include:
- Staff with good communication
- Excellent hospitality
- Less waiting time
- Cost efficiency
- Well-trained doctors
- State-of-the-art facilities
- Patient-friendly settings.
For better choices, we have listed some best hospitals in India.
1. AIIMS, Delhi:
The All India Institute of Medical Sciences shortly called as AIIMS was first established in New Delhi. This hospital and the institution associated with this hospital were established in 1956. The great thing about this hospital is that it attracts patients from across India and also from abroad. The reason is that this hospital has the best doctors in different specializations. The hospital has more than 10 branches across India and AIIMS was ranked first in the India Today Group in the year 2014. This government hospital has been maintaining high standards of quality and it serves patients below the poverty line at a very affordable cost.
- AIIMS, Delhi holds the pride of being the first government hospital with the latest surgical and medical care and offers treatment at an affordable cost.
- AIIMS has trained surgeons and physicians, who are popular not just across India, but also across the world.
2. Apollo Hospitals:
Apollo Group of Hospitals has its presence across the country. The hospital maintains a path-breaking record in the world of medicine. Apollo is a reliable brand in the healthcare industry in India. The hospital maintains state-of-the-art facilities in pharmacies, consultancy services, diagnostic clinics, and hospitals. Apollo Group has many branches and the one that is located in Chennai at Greams Road is the main center with many great features and facilities like:
- It is one of the few medical centers in the entire Asia to perform robotic spinal surgery
- The hospital has a great liver transplant program to save human lives
- The first heart transplant procedure was performed in this group by this group
- The hospital has highly equipped catheter labs.
3. Christian Medical College:
The Christian Medical College in Vellore in Tamil Nadu, shortly called CMC is one of the best hospitals in India. Patients from across India visit this hospital for treatment because of the following features:
- CMC is actually a non-profit organization with a college attached to it.
- The doctors in this hospital are employed full-time. This means that they have no other practices and they also get a fixed pay. They are not offered any incentives for unnecessary tests and procedures.
4. Fortis Hospitals:
Fortis group also has a nationwide presence. This group is popular among foreigners as well. The reason is that the hospital is good at medical tourism services. This group also has the international presence in 11 countries across the world. Health, hygiene and perfect care are the mantras of Fortis Group of Hospitals.
- Round-the-clock functional blood bank
- More than 300 bedded facility
- 5 Catheter labs
- 9 highly-equipped operation theatres.
Expanded as National Institute of Mental Health and Neuro Sciences, this Bangalore-based hospital is a government undertaking. As the name very well implies, the hospital specialized in Neurological Disorders. The hospital has an attached in-house lunatic asylum with the best facilities.
- The hospital has many departments each of which is related in one way or another to neurosciences.
- An institution is attached to NIMHANS, which is identified as the Institute of National Importance.
6. Tata Memorial Hospital:
This hospital located in Mumbai is a government-operated hospital. The hospital was established in 1941, and she is specialized in cancer treatment. The best facilities are provided in the hospital to help patients fight the deadly disease. This helps even people in the lower income group to get the best medical facilities at an affordable cost.
- Not just a hospital, it is also an academic institution, and there is also a research wing in this hospital.
- Even, online expert opinion is possible
7. Shankara Nethralaya:
The idea of creating a hospital with missionary spirit was instilled by Sri Kanchi Kamakoti Peetam Sri Jayendra Saraswathi Swamy. With this direction from the Guru, Shankara Nethralaya, which means the temple of the eye was established. The hospital offers the best eye care facilities for people from different financial positions.
This hospital was identified as the best among the hospitals for Ophthalmology for the year 2014 by the Week-Nielsen Survey.
- The founder of the hospital was awarded the greatest global Indian living legend.
This institution stands for Post Graduate Institute of Medical Education and Research. Besides being an educational institution, it has gained popularity as one of the best hospitals in India as well. She came into existence in the year 1962. She aims to offer the best care to the needy. When the hospital functions with this motto, everything will fall into place.
- The hospital has an advanced cardiac center attached to it.
- The urology department at the hospital has unique facilities for robotic assistance.
- The best in-patient and out-patient services are offered with great patient-friendly facilities.
9. Lilavati Hospital:
Lilavati Hospital and Research center are located in Bandra in Mumbai. The hospital came into existence in 1978. With the best team of doctors, this multi-specialty hospital provides the best health care facilities to patients. This means that they aim at providing the best human care. This NABH accredited hospital has the following features:
- The hospital has many awards to her favor like the ICICI Lombard and CNBC TV18 award for the best multi-specialty hospital in the metro region.
- The hospital is provided with the latest state-of-the-art facilities to provide the best service to patients.
10. Kokilaben Hospital, Mumbai:
This Mumbai-based hospital is another top name in the healthcare niche in India. The hospital offers complete treatment and surgeries for varied kinds of diseases. This 750-bedded hospital recently offered a soft launch for the doctors and employees. Some of the features that make this hospital the best are as follow:
- Robot-assisted surgeries
- Plastic and reconstructive surgeries
- Minimally invasive spine surgeries
- World-class cancer treatment and surgeries
These are the top 10 hospitals in India, and the positions held by hospitals are not constant. They keep changing every year based on the factors mentioned above.