Brand Success- Lever Ayush
Company Name- Lever Ayush (Parent Company- Hindustan Unilever Limited)
CEO- Sanjiv Mehta (Hindustan Unilever Limited)
How it all started
Lever Ayush started its journey as a brand under the Hindustan Unilever Limited. HUL was founded in the year 1933. Since then it changed its name many times due to several conglomerate tie-ups. The earlier name of HUL was Hindustan Lever Limited which acted from 1956 to 2007. Lever Ayush started on as a brand manufacturing the Ayurvedic products for different therapies. During the initial days, the Lever Ayush products were not available in the market. It was exclusively found in the therapy centers of Ayush.
Lever Ayush products were launched by the parent company, HUL itself. It came up with the USP of being the Ayurvedic products that help the customers in different ways when it comes to personal care. Basically, the brand Lever Ayush targets the people who are willing to use Ayurvedic products for skin and hair care. The brand has got much prominence due to the presence of its mother company, the well-esteemed Hindustan Unilever Limited.
Lever-Ayush- Marketing Strategies and interesting reasons behind its marvelous success
There are some outstanding marketing strategies that Lever Ayush has taken that helped it to prosper in a prominent manner. Some detailed information about the strategies is given below:
- Organic Products: Every product of Lever Ayush is made out of some organic extracts of different natural things. The brand thus takes on the marketing strategy of projecting the obvious importance of Ayurved.
- Benefits of Ayurvedic Formulas: There are several Ayurvedic formulas used while making the products of Lever Ayush. So, the brand makes a keen measure to make the customers understand about the medical importance of the Ayurvedic formulas. It also projects the facts about the ancient history of Ayurved. As per the claims made by the band, the formulas are taken from the ancient books known as the ‘Granthas’ in Sanskrit.
- Tie-up with AVP: One of the leading marketing strategies of Lever- Ayush is that of its tie-up with Arya Vida Pharmacy. This is an institution that deals with perfect experimentations with the Ayurvedic formulas. They are always eager to make unique products with the help of natural ingredients. Effectiveness is always kept in mind when any formula is made.
- Versatile Products of Lever Ayush: The brand Lever Ayush has some of the most common yet important commodities that act as vital necessities for the customer. The marketing strategy of Lever Ayush is enriched because it makes these products that the customers can regularly use.
The types of products that the brand makes are mentioned below in a nutshell. You can see why the band is able to sustain its presence in the market.
- Skin Care Products: The skin-care products are made by the brand is manufactured with natural elements like Turmeric and Saffron. The customers are attracted towards these products as they already know about the health benefits of saffron and turmeric but cannot use it in an indigenous manner.
- Hair Care: There are numerous ingredients from nature that can be applied to the hair. As a marketing strategy, Lever Ayush chose to manufacture the products with the help of Bhringraj, Fenugreek, Shikakai, and Neem. The customer’s awareness helps here also. They know about these natural things but get very less accessibility. Thus, the manufactured product gets good exposure among the customers.
- Oral Care: No modern customers use anything other than toothpaste in the present day. The marketing strategy which Lever Ayush deploys, in this case, is the uniqueness. The brand manufactures toothpaste that is made with rock salt, clove oil, and cardamom. The customers get moved by the claim of fresh breath and healthier gums as per done by the company. Moreover, the toothpaste is marketed in a way that the customers get assured about it giving whiter teeth.
- Body and Bath: Body and bath products made by Lever Ayush are marketed with the strategy of projecting the medicinal value of the products made with it. Ingredients like lemongrass, turmeric, and saffron are used here also. The customers are assured about the fact that they can get total purified and moisturized while using these products.
- Affordable prices of the products: Nearly all the products available under the brand name of Lever Ayush are having the most affordable prices. This is another most important marketing strategy that the customers get attracted to when it comes to Lever Ayush.
Lever Ayush is well known among the customers for the most outstanding and eye-catching ads they make. Bollywood actors like Akshay Kumar and Tammanah Bhatia are the present brand ambassadors of Lever Ayush. Apart from the television ads, the brand is well active in other media also.
At present, the Ayurvedic products are gaining much dominance in the market however; there are several brands present. Lever Ayush is successful enough when it comes to delivering messages in the ads.
The main reason why it is prominent in the market is because of the HUL to which it belongs to. In the initial days, this brand never showed up much prominence but at present, it is turning up to be one of India’s most promising brands.
Lever Ayush is a brand that will always be at a decent position as a brand in the market given the umbrella company it belongs to. The most important work that the brand is doing is to inform the customers about the importance of the Ayurved.
People are actually getting more attached to the brand because they are more exposed to using the sister brands that come under HUL. The customers more concerned about their beauty are more likely to use the products of Lever Ayush.
Generally, the revenue that Lever Ayush gains are decent and that is the main reason it is able to sustain in the market this way. The customers get well influenced by the style of message that Lever Ayush delivers to the customers. The base of the customers improves as they come to know about the 5000-year-old history of Ayurveda.