Brand: Sunfeast – YiPPee Noodles
Company: ITC Limited
Launch Year: 2010
YiPPee Noodles is a fully owned brand of ITC Limited. The company makes instant noodles under its brand Sunfeast which was launched in the year 2003 and manufactured biscuits.
The sourcing and blending expertise that has made Aashirvaad India’s No 1 branded Atta has been leveraged to create a delightful noodle block by ITC.
#YiPPeeFact – The noodle block made by this brand is round in shape & does not need to be broken while being cooked. This makes the noodles really long and slurpy.
This is a completely owned Indian brand and comes under the category of ready to cook foods. The instant noodles are available in a lot of variants to suit the Indian taste buds and also because they want to increase their market share in India.
However, this brand faces heavy competition from:
- Nestle Maggi
- Knorr Soupy Noodles
- Top Ramen
Sunfeast YiPPee Noodles are available in most parts of India and was first introduced in Bengaluru in India. In 2013, a variant of this instant noodles was also launched in the same state and ten was released in other parts of the country.
The manufacturing plants of this company are located in Bengaluru, Haridwar, Pune and Kolkata. They are known for maintaining the high quality and safety while manufacturing these noodles.
The distribution network for this brand is very strong. This is also because of the parent company’s hold in the market. A unique strategy adopted by the brand is to sell via e-choupals. This is a distribution network of its owner company ITC.
The product pricing has been very competitive because of the heavy competition faced by the brand. They are known for selling a high quantity product in lesser price which works well for the brand and has also increased the sales of their products. They have always targeted children and young generation who are always on the go and want to eat a healthy snack in between meals.
› Product Line of Sunfeast YiPPee Noodles:
Instant noodles have always extremely popular in the Indian market and a lot of companies have tried to enter this market in the past. With Nestle Maggi being the leader in this category in spite of the huge controversy the brand faced, Sunfeast YiPPee Noodles hold the second position in India.
After 7 years of this brand being in the market, it decided to cash in the opportunity and started its Instant Noodles brand called ‘YiPPee’ in 2010.
#YiPPeeFact – The noodles made by this brand are blended with the companies famous atta ‘Aashirwad’ which does not allow them to form any lumps.
The first noodle which was launched by the brand was YiPPee Classic Masala and YiPPee Magic Masala in the year 2010. This was followed by a tri color ready to cook pasta in the year 2013 and Power Up Atta Noodles in the year 2016. This was a revolution in this category and also raised the market share of the company to 12% in this category.
› Sunfeast YiPPee Noodles Product Variants are:
- Magic Masala Noodles: This is a special flavor developed by the brand and are known for their long and non-sticky noodles. There are 5 secret ingredients that go into the ‘magic masala’ along with dehydrated vegetables and unique spices. The pack is available in size of six, four, two, one and mini.
- Classic Masala Noodles: These noodles have a very Indianized flavor and ae very popular in the country. This noodle block is round in shape and produces long strands of noodles.
- Mood Masala Noodles: This is a special instant noodle made by Sunfeast. The pack contains 2 kinds of masalas which is the USP of this product. In one sachet is the special masala and in the second sachet is a flavor which can be added to the noodle has per your ‘mood’.
- Power Up Masala Noodles: This is a wheat base noodle made by the brand. It is healthiest amongst all the variants and also comes with veggies in the masala packet along with the noodles.
- Wow Chicken: This variant is only available in East India region and West Bengal State. It is YiPPee’s first non-vegetarian offering and combines a round brown noodle block with 2 seasonings – a Masala Mix and Flavored Seasoning Oil. Wow Chicken can be consumed straight from the pack as a dry snack or can be cooked as well.
› Marketing and Promotions done by Sunfeast YiPPee Noodles:
They are heavy advertisers and believe in high level of marketing by all the mediums – TV, print, digital or traditional. They have been in the industry for a very long time and are known for their fun and unique advertising.
The brand has focused on having child artists in most of their TV commercials because of the target audience of the brand. The tagline of the brand is ‘Spread the smile, The better noodles’
One of the most appreciated campaign which is still ongoing is ‘You Ask We Answer’. This has been appreciated by the regular users of Sunfeast YiPPee Noodles.
› Famous Ads by the brand:
#Sunfeast YiPPee Wow Chicken:
These noodles are available only in East India and is the only non-veg variant made by the brand. It can be eaten cooked as well as uncooked.
The brand released an ad focusing on the cooking method and the seasoning which is present with the noodle two months ago.
#Sunfeast YiPPee! Mood Masala:
This campaign was launched a year ago and was very well appreciated by the audiences. The aim of this campaign was to promote the fact that noodle can be eaten in any mood. This was also to promote the fact that the noodle comes with two mixes which can be added to the noodle as per your mood.
The brand makes many ads to promote this noodle variant.
Sunfeast YiPPee was born out the need for making better noodles for the instant noodle lovers of India. With the long noodle being the USP of this product the brand has revolutionized the noodle eating ways. They have changed the typical yellow masala to something new which is being appreciated by the people of the country and hence the brand is being loved by the consumers.