Indian spices are very famous for its unique flavor and rich taste. It produces many spices across India with the climatic conditions. India is cultivating spices for many thousands of years. It also exports Indian spices to other parts of the world. Indian spices add taste to your food. It is a delicious flavor that makes it very yummy. The most well-known Indian spices are Asafoetida, Cardamom, Bay leaves, Cinnamon, Cayenne pepper, cokum, cloves, Fennel, cumin, mango powder, fenugreek, nutmeg, mint, onion seeds, saffron and mace. Hence we are discussing the top 10 best spices brands in India.
Health benefits of spices
India is a producer of a wide range of oils, spices and oleoresins of various grades. Some of the health benefits of spices are discussed below:
- Ginger- It helps to relieve common cold. It has quick relieving effects on nausea, upset stomach, heartburn, motion, morning sickness and diarrhoea. It is also beneficial in headaches, arthritis and minor body aches.
- Turmeric- Studies show that it helps to prevent Alzheimer’s disease and inflammation of joints. It also reduces liver damage that is caused by excessive alcohol consumption and pain-relievers. Also, it is a strong antiseptic and helps in cold and cough.
- Cloves- Cloves contain antibiotic and antiseptic properties that are beneficial in oral, dentistry and pharyngeal treatment. It is used widely in mouthwashes, toothpastes, perfumes and soaps.
- Asafoetida- This is a flavouring agent that helps in digestion. It aids in respiratory disorders such as bronchitis, asthma and cough. It is also useful for excessive menstruation and pain. It also contains antibiotic properties.
- Cumin- It helps to relieve digestive problems and reduces anaemia. It boosts the immune system and helps to control indigestion, stomach pain, nausea and morning sickness.
- Cinnamon- It has the stimulant, astringent and carminative properties. It is an inflammatory and increases metabolic rate. It controls and regulates blood sugar.
- Nutmeg- It has anti-bacterial properties that help to fight tooth decay. It improves memory and releases tension in muscles.
- Black pepper- It increases the production of hydrochloric acid. It has anti-bacterial properties and reduces blood pressure.
- Garlic- It has antibacterial and antiviral properties. It increases immune function and keeps you healthy and fresh. It fights against bacteria and is effective in skin problems.
Here are top 10 best Spices brands in india for your Inspiration
Everest is an Indian manufacturer, exporter and distributor of spice mixtures and ground spices. It is the largest spices company. The headquarters are based in Mumbai. About 20 million households use spices of Everest Company. The brand is available at more than 400,000 outlets across 1000 towns in India. It is a major exporter to the Middle East, US, Australia, Singapore, East Africa, New Zealand and other countries. Approximately 3.5 billion Everest packs are sold every year. There are around 42 spices under this brand.
It is a leading brand of spices that is known for its innovative approach and quality. These spices are grounded in the state of the art facility. The spices are prepared under the unique low temperature grinding technology that prevents evaporation of delicate or volatile oils from spices. These spices retain the original flavour and aroma. Some of the spices are salt, pepper sprinklers and other blended and ground spices. These catch spices are packed in metal lined and food grade cartons. They are also packed in convenient composite cans of different pack size.
It is an Indian manufacturer, exporter and distributor of spice mixtures and ground spices. This company specializes in many unique and traditional blends of spices that are suitable for different recipes. The company started its operations by Mahashay Chuni Lal in 1919 as a small shop in Sialkot. It has grown and exported its products to many countries. MDH brand is known in entire India.
4. Mothers Recipe
It was founded by Shri Haribhai V Desai who started their operations in 1901. Presently, Desai Brothers sis a Rs. 550 crore company. It is one of the largest employers in India. The company has a strong presence in other countries like Far East, Middle East, UK, Australia, Canada and US. It exports traditional and authentic spices to more than 30 countries. It offers many products with exotic masalas and spices.
It is a registered trademark of Ushodaya Enterprises. It is a global brand that is preferred by millions of people. Priya has launched six flavors of spices for pickles.
6. Cook Me
The Cook Me was established in 1846 and was founded by Krishna Chandra Dutta. It has become a popular brand for spices. It has an exotic world of spices with authentic blends. It makes your dishes tasty, flavoured and aromatic.
These spice brands are brought you by The Munimji Group. This company is based in Central India, Indore. Pushp brand has a reputation of purity, honesty and hygiene. It has rich expertise in the spices business. These spices are sold in all states from last 25 years. It has a very strong marketing network in India. It has gained the Agmark certification of quality for food products. This spice brand enjoys the trust and confidence of Agmark.
This company was founded by Shri Suresh B. Sanghavi in 1962. It has become the largest producer of pickles, roasted vermicelli and tooty-fruity. It is managed by a dynamic and professional team. It is the fastest growing company of spices in India.
This brand produces exotic and authentic masalas. It started its operations in 1965 in Ahmedabad, India. Ramdev sells pure and fresh spices all over India. These spices are used by millions of homes worldwide.
10. Maggie masala
This brand is owned by nestle. This company make ready to eat noodles and sells a variety of spices. They also sell stunning spice mixes and pastes. They also manufacture curry pastes. The brand has earned a huge popularity for its honesty and purity. It produces exotic flavoured spices.
You can buy any of the above -mentioned brands of spices in India.