Based in Thissur, Kerala, Joyalukkas is one of India’s leading jewelry brand which is more very common in the southern region of India and is now gaining popularity elsewhere and globally.
This premium and trusted jewelry brand is named after the founder and chairman of the group Joyalukka. It has more than 140 jewelry stores all over the world and employees approximately 10,000 people.
The group is also involved in Forex, construction, luxury air charter and helicopter services under the name Joy Jets.They also launched a radio channel in the year 2007 called Radiojoyalukkas.com (internet radio services in Malayalam language) and malls under the name of Malls of Joy.
» The History of this Jewelry Giant:
The father of Joyalukka started his jewelry shop in the year 1956 and that is where his son learnt the skills of becoming a fine jeweler.
In 1987, Joy Alukkas moved to the Middle East and opened his first jewelry shop under his name ‘JoyAlukkas’. This shop was based in Abu Dhabi and was the first branded jewelry shop in the gulf region.
After some years, more retail outlets were set up in the UAE in Dubai, Sharjah, Al-Ain and Ras Al-Khaimah, making him the first jeweler in the Middle East to be certified with ISO 9001 and ISO 14001.
Later, the head quarter of this loved jewelry brand was moved to Palace Road in Thissur Kerala. However, Dubai too is considered as a head quarter of this brand. This move was done so that the middle-income families could get gold and other jewelry at affordable rates in India.
In the millennium year, Joyalukkas decided to go on a major expansion drive and since then there is no looking back! The brand has over 140 retail stores across the globe of which 80 stores are in India. If reports are to be looked upon, the brand plans to touch new territories such as Canada, Australia and Sri Lanka and increase the brand’s reach to 14 countries by the end of 2018. The 61-year-old Joyalukka has been listed by the Forbes Asia magazine as one among the 100 richest persons of India.
» Marketing of Joyalukkas:
The marketing of this brand has been very subtle. It is not very elaborate on television and more on the traditional ways – print and billboard ads.
The tag line of this brand is: Joy of choice; World’s favorite jeweller
The brand ambassadors for this brand are:
- Hrithik Roshan
- R. Madhavan (Tamil Nadu)
- Allu Arjun (Andhra Pradesh and Telangana)
- Suresh Gopi (Kerala)
- Sudeep (Karnataka)
- Hiran (West Bengal)
» Kajol for Joyalukkas:
Kajol is the current brand ambassador for this jewelry brand and does ads in Hindi and other Indian languages as well.
– This was a TV commercial which featured Indian actress Kajol. This ad was well received by the audiences as it touched upon some emotional aspects of a bride who was a huge fan of Kajol and wanted her to be there on her special day – her wedding. The commercial, shows Kajol surprising her and gifting her an exclusive and modern Joyalukkas piece of jewelry.
– This ad is focused on Diamond jewelry by Joyalukkas. It is a fun and a very well conceptualized commercial developed by the brand. Here, 2 girls enter the lift and are star struck to see Kajol in there too. They hesitate to ask for a picture but somehow manage to get one. When Kajol offers to see the picture, the focus is only on the piece of Diamond jewelry worn by the actress.
– Here’s another commercial featuring the actress wherein she is trying to help bloom love again between a couple who have had a fight! This is a very simple concept but features extremely cute emotions and finest jewelry by Joyalukkas.
» Hrithik Roshan for Joyalukkas:
– Hrithik Roshan features in this beautiful ad by this jewelry maker wherein he walks into a wedding ceremony of a bride and speaks about how beautiful the relationship of a woman is to everyone else. This ad is women centric and focuses on women empowerment.
It also shows the various jewelry line by the brand and relates it to the the quality a woman possesses.
Joyalukkas is one of the most successful family run business in the world and are known for their quality and trust. With so many stores around the globe this brand is another name for jewelry.
Jewelry today has become an aspect of expression. Joyalukkas has evolved with time and has modernized its traditional designs which are loved by their audiences. As the thinking of the consumers changed over years for jewelry, Joyalukkas too changed their designs and product range and hence is still one of the most prominent player in the jewelry segment.