Twitter is a social networking service on which users post and interact with messages known as “tweets”. Tweets were originally restricted to 140 characters but later this limit is doubled.Twitter is great for socializing like as other Social Media Platform. Through Twitter, You can socialize with friends, clients, customers, prospects, the media, and anyone else with whom you might regularly be in touch. The main reason of its popularity is its a very impulse-friendly service, you end up with a high refresh – there is always new content. So people keep coming back.Its always interesting to know more about your favorite brands. Read more below.
Here are some Interesting Twitter Facts
1 In 2006, Twitter was created by Jack Dorsey, Noah Glass, Biz Stone, and Evan Williams. Twitter rapidly gained worldwide popularity
2 The name was inspired by Flickr and the five-character length of American SMS short codes.
3 Six months after the launch of twttr, Founder decided to purchased the domain and changed the name of the service to “Twitter”
4. it’s True that Twitter’s iconic bird logo is named after a sports legend.
5 As per Rough Estimate, 23% of accounts are from U.S. Rest 77% are from rest of the world.This estimate may change due to rapid growth in Asian Region.
6. As per One estimate, 500 Millions Total Number of Tweets sent per Day
7 Twitter can handle 18 quintillion user accounts.
8. An image of a bird which was a piece of clip art created by the British graphic designer Simon Oxley
9. Jack Dorsey published the first Twitter message “just setting up my twttr”. with Twitter’s Origin name.
10 “No one owns the brand of Sweden more than its people. With this initiative we let them show their Sweden to the world,” says Thomas Brühl, the CEO of the country’s tourism agency
11 Pop star Katy Perry made social media history by becoming the first person in the world to reach 100M Twitter followers.
12 This star-studded selfie on twitter from the 2014 Academy Awards, Within hours it became the most-retweeted post in Twitter’s history.
13 Twitter is making the biggest gains in new users is Indonesia, which has seen an incredible jump of 44.2 percent and Saudi Arabia is 41.66 Percent
14 YouTube maintains its position as the most popular brand on Twitter.Its well ahead of all other brands, including the official Twitter (63.1 M)profile.
15 The idea for Twitter was hatched on a slide at a playground.
16. Noah Glass, who originally came up with an idea of this Business, was famously fired from the startup.
17. In March 2018, Twitter is ranked the twelfth most visited website by Alexa’s web traffic analysis.